Turnaround Days In-House: 14 Days
DuraFlex™ by Myerson® is our laboratory’s flexible of choice. Notably, DuraFlex™ is not nylon but a polyolefin thermoplastic polymer with a water absorption rate 10x less than nylon materials. This results in a restoration that is more:
- Stain resistant
- Odor resistant
- Color stable
An added benefit is that a polyolefin thermoplastic polymer is much easier to adjust and polish than nylon. A common concern we often hear is that nylon flexible partials are very difficult to polish in the office.
DuraFlex™ will not clog up your burs, will adjust with a rubber wheel or point, and readily polishes with a rag wheel and a mixture of 50% course and 50% fine pumice. If a higher shine is desired, simply use a rag wheel on low speed with Tripoli buffing compound. Materials that you probably already have in your office.
“I know you will appreciate how light and lifelike and how well DuraFlex™ fits which is why I am happy to say I stand behind this product and feel you will too. – Jim Gorgol, CDT
As an added benefit, along with the complete partial, your case will include Patient Care Instructions and a 7-day sample packet of appliance cleaner.
- Unbreakable and more durable than acrylic
- Flexible - smoother patient adjustment period
- Lightweight, thin, and comfortable - virtually disappears in the mouth
- Stain and odor resistant
- Color stable
- Easier to adjust and polish than nylon
- Low moisture absorption
- Biocompatible & Hypoallergenic
- No nylon
- No Fault 1-Year limited warranty
- Designed and fabricated in the USA - Naperville, IL
- Partial dentures and unilaterals
- Patients with concerns over metal restorations
- Gingival veneers to mask exposed root surfaces
- Patients with allergies to monomer and nickel
- Ideal transitional restoration during the healing periods for implants
- Presence of tori
- Full dentures
- Immediate applications - due to resorption, allow 8 to 10 weeks healing time prior to prescribing a DuraFlex™ restoration
- Deep bites where upper anterior cover lower anterior
- Collapsed bites
- Severe tooth inclination
- Minimal vertical clearance, less than 5 mm
- A good alginate impression with a stock metal perforated or rim-lock tray, POURED IMMEDIATELY. Use of alginate impressions will significantly reduce adjustments to relieve tightness
- Counter model
- Bite registration
- Tooth and gingival shade
- For free-end saddle cases, we recommend a custom bite and try-in for accuracy
- We also accommodate .STL files from your intra-oral scanner
ADA Insurance Codes
Maxillary Partial Denture: D5225
Mandibular Partial Denture: D5226
Preparation & Material
No tooth or tissue preparation needed.
Adjusting & Polishing
Easier to adjust and polish than nylon, DuraFlex™ will not clog up your burs, will adjust with a rubber wheel or point, and readily polishes with a rag wheel and a mixture of 50% course and 50% fine pumice. If a higher shine is desired, simply use a rag wheel on low speed with Tripoli buffing compound. Materials that you probably already have in your office.
Educational / Other Materials
Patient Care Instructions: Click Here
Moisture Absorption Test: Click Here
For more information regarding DuraFlex™ Partials, contact Distinctive Dental Studio, Ltd. today!