Turnaround Days In-House: 7 Days
Porcelain-fused-to-metal (PFM) restorations are metal understructures with a hand-layered porcelain surface. Distinctive Dental Studio, Ltd takes great care in selecting porcelains and metals made entirely in the U.S.A. We use the highest quality alloys (Beryllium and Nickel free) from The Argen Corporation and superior porcelains supplied by DENTSPLY Ceramco®.
We specialize in Long Span & Short Span Bridges and Single Unit Crowns using the following alloys:
- White Non-Precious Base (61% cobalt)
- White Noble (semi-precious 20% platinum, 5.7% ruthenium)
- White High Noble (40% gold)
We also specialize in Maryland Bridges.
DDS, Ltd. primarily uses Selective Laser Melting (SLM) for our understructures. SLM is an additive manufacturing process that uses 3D CAD data as a digital information source as well as energy in the form of a high-power laser beam; thereby, creating three-dimensional metal parts by fusing fine metal powders together. SLM offers better fit as well as improved consistency and accuracy over traditional PFM crowns; however, on occasion due to quick-turnaround time constraints, casting is necessary. Because the understructure composition varies slightly from a SLM PFM crown vs. a traditional PFM crown please see the Alloy Material Specifications below for composition.
With each case, Distinctive Dental Studio, Ltd. will include an IDENTALLOY® CERTIFICATE certifying the dental casting alloy we used to fabricate the prosthesis. The certificate may then be attached to the patient record.
While earning Argen® Digital's Certificate of Excellence for their Digital Certification program, Distinctive Dental Studio, Ltd. is also proud to have earned their Expert ranking.
- Strong (second only to all-metal)
- Natural looking
- SLM understructure fabrication ensures consistency and precision fit
- Designed and fabricated in the USA
- Conventional crowns
- Short and long span bridges
- 1.5 mm or more occlusal space
- Screw retained implant restorations
- On any tooth that requires a full crown for preventive and restorative purposes
- Metal allergens or sensitivity
- Less than 1.5 mm occlusal space
- Upper and lower impressions or models
- Bite registration
- Porcelain shade using the Guide of your choice
- We also accommodate .STL files from your intra-oral scanner
ADA Insurance Codes
Crown – Porcelain fused to High Noble Metal: D2750
Crown – Porcelain fused to Predominantly Based Metal: D2751
Crown – Porcelain fused to Noble Metal: D2752
Pontic – Porcelain fused to High Noble Metal: D6240
Pontic – Porcelain fused to Predominantly Base Metal: D6241
Pontic – Porcelain fused to Noble Metal: D6242
PFM Crown Prep: Click Here
- Self-adhesive resin cements such as RelyX™ Unicem (3M ESPE) or Maxcem Elite™ (Kerr)
- Self-etching resin cements such as Panavia™ F 2.0 (Kuraray) or MultiLink® Automix (Ivoclar)
- Etch-and-rinse resin cements such as NX3 Nexus™ (Kerr) or Variolink®II (Ivoclar)
Alloy Material Specifications
Non-Precious Base (SLM NONPRECIOUS): Click Here
Noble White (SLM PLATINUM PLUS): Click Here
High Noble (SLM HIGHNOBLE): Click Here
Non-Precious Base (Cast) (ARGELOY N.P. SUPREME): Click Here
Noble White (Cast) (PLATINUM PLUS): Click Here
High Noble (Cast) (ARGENDENT EURO): Click Here
Educational / Other Materials
Spear Education: 4 Burning Questions on Restorations with Ceramic or PFM Crowns: Click Here
For more information regarding Porcelain-Fused-To-Metal (PFM) restorations, contact Distinctive Dental Studio, Ltd. today!